***Disclaimer:***

This blog is not for the easily offended. It is raw and unedited. It is the forum in which I rant about the things that I am upset about. I do not apologize for anything written therein and warn you that if you read it, you may judge me and my opinions. So do so at your own risk. I try hard not to offend those around me in conversation and then come home and let it all out here. So if you have ever wondered what people really think this may answer that. I will get political, I will get religious, I will be pompous and opinionated. I will be mean, and I will be honest. You have been warned.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Determination

I have been trying to eat less and dieting for awhile now.  I'm on a weight loss program which I love and it has really jump started my metabolism, and helped me to feel satisfied by the food that I eat.  Now that I'm in this good place, I am also starting to notice my body shrinking, very very slowly, but shrinking back to normal none the less.  
I should have known that I could do it, I did go through a long phase of being a vegan in college.  And If I could control what I ate then, I can surely be the master of what I eat now.  The only problem is that I wasn't eating excessively when I gained the weight.  I had actually just worked hard to get all of the weight I had gained during my 10 week pregnancy and doing well with that when the new weight started piling on quickly due to a wicked side effect from a prescription.  So how do you lose weight that you didn't gain from eating?  I tried running.  I ran a lot, and did weights and basically spent 90+ min a day at the gym for a while, but to no avail.  So I started on this program and honestly, I haven't even had time to exercise lately, but I'm still doing well.  And I am eating so consciously in order to stay on the right track.  I mean I'm not perfect.  I eat pizza occasionally, and pasta, and sometimes I eat dessert.  But, I'm pretty proud of myself for doing well at the program, and I am stoked to feel good about the way I look for the first time in awhile.  So basically, what I am trying to say is, that if I can work so hard at this, then I am pretty sure that anyone can work hard at anything and see the fruits of their labor.  Go get 'em world, there's nothing you can't do with a little patience, room for leeway, and a whole lot of determination.  When I get back to my goal weight, well actually when I can fit into those new jeans I bought last year, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment