***Disclaimer:***

This blog is not for the easily offended. It is raw and unedited. It is the forum in which I rant about the things that I am upset about. I do not apologize for anything written therein and warn you that if you read it, you may judge me and my opinions. So do so at your own risk. I try hard not to offend those around me in conversation and then come home and let it all out here. So if you have ever wondered what people really think this may answer that. I will get political, I will get religious, I will be pompous and opinionated. I will be mean, and I will be honest. You have been warned.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Shoes shoes shoes

I like to buy shoes.  I like them.  I can't really decide why, but it's like I need shoes for every outfit and for every occasion.  Because for instance, you can dress an outfit up with a great pair of heels, or dress it down with a flip-flop.  So really many times having two pairs of shoes per outfit is justifiable.  Buying shoes for me is like when a four year old goes to Disneyland.  I may have been there before, but I'm just as stoked to go this time as I was the last time.  And I am going to enjoy every minute of it. 
There was once a time in my life when my husband was frequently away on business trips and I was often at home alone on weekends and lonely.  One day in particular, my husband was out of town and I had to go to the doctors and have blood drawn.  And in the same way you would tell a  child that if he sits still for the doctor to give him a shot, you will give him a lolli-pop, I told myself that if I made it through the doctor visit, I would treat myself to a Payless run.  That turned out to be a good night after all.  And the two pairs of heels that I bought that night are still two of my favorites.
I actually, surprisingly don't spend a lot of money on shoes, and the reason for that is simple.  I can appreciate the value of trendy shoes from low priced stores.  Sure they may all be knock-offs with not nearly as much comfort as the shoes you might buy at say Nordstrom or Steve Madden, but they will most likely be out of style by the time they wear out any way, and uncomfortable shoes is what Dr. Scholls inserts were invented for.  Yep I'm gellin' in my hot, inexpensive shoes that I had a really great time buying.
Besides that, my Brother made a comment once when we were moving that struck me.  We had already moved almost everything out of the apartment, and he was helping me get the last of it.  I had put all of my shoes in a large pile in the middle of the floor, and then I asked him to help me pack 'em up and load them in the truck.  And you wanna know what he said to me?  He said "I'm gonna laugh when you have a baby and your feet grow a size and you can't fit into all these shoes anymore."  A fate worse than death.  One which actually did occur with my Mother after the birth of my sister.  And though it would be devastating, if I continue to build my shoe wardrobe with classy inexpensive DSW and Target finds, it would be no great loss.  And then would come the overwhelming joy of going shoe shopping.  That, I feel would be a glorious day.  A completely justified shoe shopping extravaganza.  Moral of the story, from the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success............and there is a fine line between extreme enjoyment and obsessive addiction, and I walk that line in high heeled boots.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. My feet did grow a size during pregnancy. My favorite, expensive Evans (leather) stretched and my feet shrunk back to their normal size. I never wore my Evans again. Sad story for my super expensive shoes. I love my cheap shoes now, too.

    ReplyDelete