***Disclaimer:***

This blog is not for the easily offended. It is raw and unedited. It is the forum in which I rant about the things that I am upset about. I do not apologize for anything written therein and warn you that if you read it, you may judge me and my opinions. So do so at your own risk. I try hard not to offend those around me in conversation and then come home and let it all out here. So if you have ever wondered what people really think this may answer that. I will get political, I will get religious, I will be pompous and opinionated. I will be mean, and I will be honest. You have been warned.

Friday, April 24, 2009

LAkers vs. Jazz

I have recently participated in a debate of which team is better on a friend's facebook page.  And honestly, I was baffeled at the vigor with wich Utah fans try to discredit the Lakers.  I thought it was no contest, I mean aren't they THE team to beat like every year?  They are good, no questions asked, and they have been good for a long time.  I have fond memories of seeing black kids dancing in the street in Southgate proudly holding up Lakers Jerseys and waving them with sheer joy the night the Lakers won the Championships in 2000.  That joyful memory will forever make me a Laker fan.  But that wasn't their only championship nor was it even the last time they won it.  So why is this even a debate.  The Lakers are good, everyone respects them and those who are jealous of their talent and success hate them.....and thus we have the Jazz fans.  
I mean I guess I can understand this hatred, I too would be a bit unhappy if I only had two professional sports teams in my entire state.  What was the other one in Utah again?  A soccer team or something?  I mean I guess they have a couple of minor league teams and a few college football teams.  But seriously, the Jazz are practically their only pro ball team.  So I can understand a bitter inferiority complex which seems to stem their hatred for teams who clearly blow them out of the water.  I mean, if my team sucked, I could just cheer for another NBA team in my state, like the Kings or the Warriors.  Or I could cheer for another team in CA from another professional league like the Chargers or the Dodgers or the A's.  It must be tough to have no one else to cheer for other than one measly mediocre NBA team.  So Utah fans, I forgive you.  It's not your fault that you are all so bitter.  If the Raiders were the only pro team in my state, I might be all uptight and angry too.  So as a peace offering, I would like to offer you the San Diego Padres.  Go ahead cheer for them.  Their fans are so laid back down there in SD, they won't mind a few crazy screamers in the outfield.  Have a great summer Utah, and good luck in the rest of this playoff series, you're gonna need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment